To make any “soil” from bread, here are the following guidelines. Best bread is using pumpernickel because of its color but natural soil comes in different colors so you whatever you would like.
- Slice bread into thin slices, crust removal is optional.
- Place in dehydrator overnight or in 225°F oven with door ajar until dry, check after 45 minutes.
- Break dried bread into smaller pieces by hand to place into food processor.
- Pulse until fine crumbs.
- Season with EVOO and salt. The consistency should be like wet sand.
- Red Endive & Roasted Red Beets
- Housemade Cuttlefish Ink Pasta
- Duo of Asparagus
- Spaghetti with Lovage Pesto
- Hand-Cut Pappardelle with Almond Cream