To make any “soil” from bread, here are the following guidelines. The best bread is using pumpernickel because of its color to that of natural soil but to each their own, so do whatever you would like.
- Slice bread into thin slices, crust removal is optional.
- Place in dehydrator overnight or in 225°F oven with door ajar until dry, check after 45 minutes.
- Break dried bread into smaller pieces by hand to place into food processor.
- Pulse until fine crumbs.
- Season with EVOO and salt. The consistency should be like wet sand.
- Red Endive & Roasted Red Beets
- Roasted Beet & Red Endive Salad
- Housemade Cuttlefish Ink Pasta
- Duo of Asparagus
- Spaghetti with Lovage Pesto
- Hand-Cut Pappardelle with Almond Cream & White Truffle
- Fettuccine with Almond Cream & White Truffle
- Savory Ice Cream Salad
- Zucchini Ribbons with Ricotta & Green Goddess
- Egg on Egg on Egg